miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012

Lizardmen Slann Mage-Priest painting... step by step

Well frineds, in this ocassion I am bringing you a new painting model from the Lizardmen Army of Warhammer Fantsy game. I was working with, it was for a coustumer. He told me he did not like it too much the Slann paint, but I was trying something new, and after he saw it in his hand he was happy with this miniature. I hope you enjoy it.

Step 1: As obvious as it is, the first step was celaning the miniature imprefections with the tools. But I´ve heard of a lot of people who do not clean the miniature and then it has some imperfections at the painting time.

Step 2: I prime all the Slann and his throne in black. I do not have an spray so I do it at old school style.







Step 3: I painted the stone throne with a dark gray, as I told in the previous entries, I do not work with brand paints so I can not tell you names as "true blue" or anything like that. This is jus a dark gray, I paint all the stone, not the details, just a layer to what I want to looks like a stone.



Step 4: Then I apply a first layer to the details I think that are gold or bronze maybe for the exception of the borders. I apply a first yellow layer.




Step 5: After that I painted almost all the details of the throne with it firsts layer, all except the animals in the throne. I painted the hornes in brown, the roots and the leafs in a dark green tone.







Step 6: After all that was made I started with the second layer in the golden parts, I painted with a pure gold and then I applied a third layer with some kind of brown wash, to make the idea of old gold.






Step 7: This step was made with a couple of days later because some time dificulties. I started painting the second and third layer of the hornes, the second layer is some yellow:white mix, I will say something like 4:1, and then just pure white to make the highlighting.




Step 8: Here I painted all the animals in the Slann Throne. And make the second layer of the roots with som brown-green mix, I will said 2:1. I painted the lizards in a red color, the frogs in some light green, as the smll snake, And the skink I painted in some dark purple, with some dark wash.














Step 9: Then I start to paint the Slann Mage-Priest, I wanted to try some new colors and a dry brush techniques, so I started painting all the Salnn in a purple color. Then I painted the belly in a charmer color, some mix with white and purle and just a bit of yellow, I will say it is 3:1:1,  and I highlight the Slann body with a purple-white mix, maybe 2:1. And I painted the details of the Slann the same as the gold in his throne.









Step 10: I continue the painting with the dry brush technique I wanted to use it. I applied dry brush to the all body.




Step 11: I continue with the Salnn details, as his eyes and that red circles, I chosed the red color because I wanted to call teh attention to his face. Here is the Slann Mage-Pries finished.




Step 12: The base, this was important to me, to finished a good miniature, I made this base:



HERE IS THE FINAL MINIATURE:

THE SLANN MAGE-PRIEST




















I hope you have enjoyed the painting process I have made with this warhammer miniature.
Please if you like it comment to help us grow and improved our job, do not forget to suscribe to our youtube channel to help us too.
See you next time!

ROLL ´EM ALL!!!



















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario